Creating your own AR experience has never been easier. It takes less than an espresso ☕ Feel free to make yourself one and sit back. Everything you need is a picture, a video, and a gethaip account.
Make yourself comfortable and we’ll get started right away.
1. Create your gethaip account
2. Sign in to the Dashboard
3. Click “Add a new Haip”
4. Name your haip
5. Upload image
6. Upload video
7. Define a call-to-action button (optional)
Happy haiping! 🤳
1. Create a free gethaip account
2. Log in to the dashboard
3. Create a new haip
4. Name your haip
What do you want to call your haip? You can define the name here.
By the way: This name is only internally visible for you.
5. Upload any image (= AR marker)
This image is used as an optical AR marker. Sounds complicated, but it’s quite simple: As soon as someone haiped this picture (captures it with the camera), your video will be played.
The image can be anything: billboard, advertisement, poster, flyer, brochure, magazine, packaging, products, instructions, newspaper articles, covers, etc.
• Avoid images which contain a large number of geometric features, repeating patterns, or very few features (e.g. QR codes, barcodes, logos, line art, geometric patterns, generic surfaces/textures)
➔ Contains many unique features, good recognizability, illustration/image
➔ Score: 100
➔ Contains only geometric shape, minimalistic, line art, few features
➔ Score: 0
PS: High resolution does not improve performance, as images are optimized by us
6. Add your video
This video will play as soon as your haip is detected via our mobile app.
Tip: For the best experience, make sure the video format matches the format of your image (portrait/portrait or landscape/landscape).
7. Define call-to-action/CTA (optional)
You can display a button that we show while playing your haip. This way you can link to a specific landing page. Tip: Use specific UTM parameters so that you can measure everything in (e.g. via Google Analytics).
8. Launch your haip!
Click the “SAVE” button and your haip will be published directly in our gethaip mobile app. As soon as someone hovers your Haip with the app, it will be played.
That’s it! Just tell your target audience to capture your image or product with our gethaip app and the WOW effect can start.
To start an impressive haip, you need a suitable video. Why? As soon as the camera moves over an image (haip) that is stored on our platform, the linked video is played on the mobile device. 🤯 This brings the interface of any product to life.
However, if you’re not part of a large company with its own content department, then you most likely don’t have a video (yet). So what to do? Don’t worry, there are many ways to create a video these days without design skills and a small budget (even for free!).
In this article, we’ll show you 5 ways to create a video yourself in a fast and easy way.
No time to read?
Here is our summary of how to create your own video:
- 1. Record a video with your cell phone (free)
- 2. Videos with stock footage and online creator (free or 20 CHF without watermark)
- 3. Video animation created by a professional agency (e.g. Videodesign.com, starting from 4’500 CHF)
- 4. Create videos using templates with online generators (from 500 CHF)
- 5. Hire a freelancer for design and animation (from 300 CHF)
You have time? Perfect! Then let us explain the 5 options in detail. 🤟